- They use subversion. Although I use it for my personal projects, I've not used it "at work" before. Much better than SourceSafe.
- I'm learning new things. So far I've worked with UFO, control adapters and jQuery (never used it before, despite organising a geek dinner on the subject).
- A calm project manager. I joined just before an immovable deadline, so the team have been working evenings and weekends, and the project manager has remained outwardly calm, polite, organised and rational.
- They use proper organisational tools, such as FogBugz, Basecamp, and a web-based timesheet.
- I'm working with someone I used to work with at Friday-Ad.
- The other developers and designers are clever, sociable and helpful. There's a good team atmosphere.
- The office overlooks the pier - a view even better than Pippingford.
Photo by Simon Booth.